FROM THE BLOG
Which Social Platform is Best for your Business?
A look at the particular strengths of each main social media platform.
With so many social media platforms out there, you could easily be forgiven for not knowing which to pick for your business. But choosing between them is more complicated than simply flipping a coin. Each social platform has its own set of strengths, and some of these suit different businesses more than others.
So, to help you choose the right platform, or platforms, for your business, here is a look at each social platform individually:
- Facebook: This is probably the best social network for all types of businesses because it lends itself to the posting of text, images, and videos. It also promotes sharing, which is a great way to reach new customers. Over and above this, Facebook has the most users of any social network, so your reach is incredibly broad.
- Twitter: Twitter’s main strength is its use of hashtags, which helps improve your online visibility. By tailoring posts around trending hashtags, your business is noted for being current and trendy. Twitter is also great for businesses that require frequent, live updates, like events companies.
- Instagram: The main strength of Instagram is its focus on imagery, which is great for marketing products or going behind-the-scenes of productions. But the biggest benefit of Instagram is its wide base of users – it has grown faster than Facebook in the last three years – meaning that connecting with a targeted audience is easy.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is excellent for networking on a professional basis. This platform makes it easy to connect with clients, service providers, and form strong bonds with other businesses.
- Pinterest: This platform is ideal for companies who have a lot of products that need visual marketing, which is just about any retailer. Businesses can create boards that highlight individual product ranges, and these can be shared to improve their reach. Furthermore, Pinterest is great for market research.
Very rarely is only one social network ideal for any particular company. The best way to market a business on social media is by using different platforms to play to different aspects of the business. For more on how to best utilise the strengths of the different social platforms, be sure to contact EAE Network Media on www.networkmedia.co.za or email firstname.lastname@example.org.